Take a problem solving approach!
Developed specifically for the Australian Curriculum, Science Essentials 10 includes full coverage of science understanding, science as a human endeavour, science inquiry skills and the general capabilities.
Integrating knowledge, skills and science processes it creates a deeper understanding of Science and its relationship to the world.
Chapter introductions set up a real-life problem to be investigated. Activities, questions, articles and assignments build knowledge and provide the means to solve the problem.
Features and benefits of Science Essentials:
- incorporates an investigative, problem solving and thinking curriculum approach
- extensive variety of hands-on activities
- effectively links science to real life applications
- skill sections develop a variety of practical and theoretical skills
- 'Scientist at work' case study in each chapter
- self assessment at the end of each chapter.
Included in each student book is a code for 15 months access to an interactive eBook version of the student text and powerful digital support at Macmillan's digital home - onestopdigital.com.au. This support includes:
* an interactive eBook version of Science Essentials 10
* interactive crosswords
* videos and podcasts
* online tests to enhance success
* worksheets and more.