This rich and innovative full-colour workbook comprises skills-based units that address all strands of the Australian Curriculum – Language, Literature and Literacy.
Written by some of Australia's leading authors, this lively, student-friendly book provides eighteen skills-based units covering a wide range of popular topics.
- build comprehension strategies, spelling and vocabulary development, and an understanding of grammar and language
- focuses on the concepts of culture, identity and context
- provide high-interest literary, non-literary and media texts for appreciation, understanding and analysis
- explore the structures and language features of diverse texts, including persuasive and visual texts
- offer opportunities for students to apply their skills to create written, spoken and multimodal texts
- address the cross-curriculum priorities outlined in the curriculum.
This outstanding workbook is supported by a teacher book providing answers to all exercises.
- Culture and identity
- Visual texts
- Aboriginal perspectives
- Points of view
- Improve your spelling
- Breaking news
- Exploring stories
- The novel
- The language of poetry
- The power of words
- Science fiction
- Let's punctuate
- Speaking out
- Using paragraphs