This rich and innovative full-colour workbook comprises skills-based units that address all strands of the Australian Curriculum – Language, Literature and Literacy.
Written by some of Australia's leading authors, this lively, student-friendly book provides eighteen skills-based units covering a wide range of popular topics.
- build comprehension strategies, spelling and vocabulary development, and an understanding of grammar and language
- focuses on the concepts of culture, identity and context
- provide high-interest literary, non-literary and media texts for appreciation, understanding and analysis
- explore the structures and language features of diverse texts, including persuasive and visual texts
- offer opportunities for students to apply their skills to create written, spoken and multimodal texts
- address the cross-curriculum priorities outlined in the curriculum.
This outstanding workbook is supported by a teacher book providing answers to all exercises.
- Words and images
- Success with words
- Persuasion and argument
- A new country for a new life
- So you want to be a writer?
- Issues and perspectives
- Media texts
- Up close and personal
- Appreciating short stories
- Exploring poetry
- English rules