...taking handwriting out of 'drill' and into English
This outstanding new book links handwriting with the NSW syllabus for the Australian Curriculum.
Defining itself from alternative series, it fully integrates handwriting skills with other areas of the English curriculum: spelling and phonics, vocabulary, grammar, punctuation and aspects of literature.
Its use of multi-sensory elements via chants and patter rhymes will assist to embed letter formation in the motor memory. In another first - supporting CDs provide animations and digital tracking of letters to consolidate multi-sensory development of skills.
Year K features:
- chant for each letter, based on an alliterative noun group
- patterns to develop fine motor control
- track and trace with start dots and directional arrows
- artwork to reinforce the focus letter
- teacher box with words to look for on the page or to link to in other English Curriculum work
- cognitive approach, including patter phrases describing how to form each letter.