...taking handwriting out of 'drill' and into English
This outstanding new book links handwriting with the NSW syllabus for the Australian Curriculum.
Defining itself from alternative series, it fully integrates handwriting skills with other areas of the English curriculum: spelling and phonics, vocabulary, grammar, punctuation and aspects of literature.
Its use of multi-sensory elements via chants and patter rhymes will assist to embed letter formation in the motor memory. In another first - supporting CDs provide animations and digital tracking of letters to consolidate multi-sensory development of skills.
Year 1 features:
- focus letter clearly modelled
- trace a pattern to warm up
- track and trace with start dots and directional arrows
- write words, with start dots to guide spacing
- write sentences
- teacher box with links to grammar, punctuation, spelling and vocabulary, and literary elements.