...taking handwriting out of 'drill' and into English
This outstanding new book links handwriting with the NSW syllabus for the Australian Curriculum.
Defining itself from alternative series, it fully integrates handwriting skills with other areas of the English curriculum: spelling and phonics, vocabulary, grammar, punctuation and aspects of literature.
Its use of multi-sensory elements via chants and patter rhymes will assist to embed letter formation in the motor memory. In another first - supporting CDs provide animations and digital tracking of letters to consolidate multi-sensory development of skills.
Year 2 features:
- focus letter clearly modelled
- trace a picture to warm up
- trace a noun/verb/adverb alliterative label
- trace and write letters, words and sentences
- practice sentences connect to other elements of the English Curriculum
- self-assessment encourages students to think about their own learning
- teacher box with links to grammar, punctuation, spelling and vocabulary, and literary elements.