You are purchasing an interactive eBook version of the rich and innovative National English Skills 8 workbook. This full-colour workbook addresses all three strands of the Australian Curriculum – Language, Literature and Literacy.
You will be mailed a code for 15 months access to Macmillan's digital home OneStopDigital. It is not available as a PDF download for offline use.
Written by some of Australia's leading authors this lively and student-friendly book provides a rich and innovative English course with eighteen skills-based units covering a wide range of popular topics.
- builds comprehension strategies, spelling and vocabulary development, and an understanding of grammar and language
- focuses on the concepts of culture, identity and context throughout
- provides high-interest literary, non-literary and media texts for appreciation, understanding and analysis
- explores the structures and language features of all kinds of texts, including persuasive and visual texts
- offers opportunities for students to apply their skills to create their own written, spoken and multimodal texts
- addresses the cross-curriculum priorities outlined in the curriculum.
- Culture and identity
- Visual texts
- Aboriginal perspectives
- Points of view
- Improve your spelling
- Breaking news
- Exploring stories
- The novel
- The language of poetry
- The power of the word
- Science fiction
- Letâ€™s punctuate
- Speaking out
- Using paragraphs