Take a problem solving approach!
Developed specifically for the NSW Syllabus for the Australian Curriculum, Science Essentials 10 includes full coverage of all required Outcomes and Content, including Knowledge and Understanding, and the Working Scientifically skills strands.
Activities and content that focus on values and attitudes, cross curricula priorities, and general capabilities are included.
Chapter introductions present real-life problems to be investigated, building knowledge and providing the means to solve them through activities, articles and assignments.
This outstanding text integrates knowledge, skills and Science processes to create a deeper understanding of Science and its relationship to the world.
- hands-on inquiries and investigations
- a variety of practical and theoretical skills developed
- skills sections that develop a variety of practical and theoretical skills
- Scientists-at-work profiles in every chapter
- 'Thinking Skills' questions, that check depth of knowledge and understanding
- self-management section, to teach independent study skills
- checkpoint questions at the end of each chapter.
Purchase of this product provides you with a range of support material, accessed via a Digital Download code to be redeemed through MyDigital. This support includes:
- an interactive digital version of Science Essentials 10 for NSW
- videos and podcasts
- online tests to enhance success
- and markbook to track progress
- interactive crosswords
- worksheets and more.
1 Using science
2 Chemical reactions
3 The periodic table
4 Using chemistry
5 DNA and genetics
7 Forces and motion
8 Alternative energy sources
9 Earth's systems
10 Environment case studies
11 The universe