GeoWorld NSW will equip students with geographical skills and general capabilities that can be applied in daily life and at work. Inquiry-based activities help students develop an appreciation of different perspectives in geographical knowledge, an understanding of ethical research principles, experience in teamwork, and critical and creative thinking. Embedded with cross-curriculum priorities throughout, the texts are well supported by a wealth of engaging resources that provide a sense of place.
WRITTEN FOR NSW
This series links closely to all the new NSW curriculum content, including the three extra general capabilities: Civics and Citizenship, Difference and Diversity, and Work and Enterprise. All content, objectives and outcomes, values and attitudes, stage statements and assessment tasks have been tailored to support NSW requirements. Inquiry questions are an essential focus for all chapters, with opportunities for geographical investigations and fieldwork on all topics.
- Easy-to-use double page spreads providing self-contained lessons and stimulus for enquiry – perfect for the 'flipped' classroom approach.
- Vivid, colourful design with powerful images and creative infographics
- The latest geographical data and issues, such as the 2015 earthquake in Nepal
- Plenty of choice and options to engage a range of student abilities
- Collaborative learning promoted through group work opportunities and projects
- High interest studies from both Australia and overseas, with a focus on Asia to support the cross curriculum priority
- Structured to fit closely with the NSW curriculum and make lesson planning easy.
15-month digital access on MyDigital
Landscapes and landforms
Chapter 1 - Distinctive landforms and geomorphic processes
Chapter 2 - Restless Earth: geomorphic processes
Chapter 3 - Landscapes: processes and values
Chapter 4 - Changing landscapes: manage and protect
Chapter 5 - Geomorphic hazards: causes, impacts and responses
Place and liveability
Chapter 6 - Liveability: perceptions and influences
Chapter 7 - Liveability: measurement and environmental factors
Chapter 8 - Urban, rural, remote places: access, identity and connections
Chapter 9 - Population and development: challenges to liveability
Chapter 1 - Strategies to enhance liveability